2007年8月1日水曜日

Trip to California

My son and I went to visit my daughter in mid July.
She is taking Summer Sessions @ UCI, in California.
We stayed most of the time over at my friend's in Sherman Oaks.

After John and I met Christine at LAX, we went up to Sherman Oaks and picked my friend, Kaori. We four went down to Irvine and joined her son and his girlfriend for dinner. Mampuku Restaurant in Costa Mesa is wonderful! Yakiniku, or grilled meat, over coals at the table were all delicious.






Japanese Style Calbi was our #1 choice!




Ishiyaki (in a heated stone bowl) fried rice was something else!




On Thursday Christine, John, and I went to Santa Monica Plaza.
No car is allowed to the street. You see interesting street performances.



John and I had the chance to go to Warner Brothers VIP Tour on Monday.
We went there with my friend, Wendy, and her family who live in Burbank, CA.



This, off course, is the car you see in Harry Potter!





Does anyone know the TV program of this setting?





I do not watch TV show often, so I really have no idea..., but it was pretty!








The famous WB Water Tour.






After the tour Wendy's husband took a shot of us two.



On Tuesday John and I headed down to Irvine.
We stayed there for 2 nights and 3 days, because I could not stand the heavy traffic in LA !
The second day in Irvine, which was on Wednesday, I have decided to throw a Sushi Party!




Surprisingly14 people gathered at the party!
We made California Rolls, Queso(Cheese in Spanish) Rolls, and many many more Original Rolls! Oh, by the way, do you recognize what this table really is???




You can get such a wide variety of ingredients!
We had raw fish assortment and they all loved it!



We rolled umeboshi or pickled plum. They are sour!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umeboshi





"It's good, but it's sour!!!", says Jialing, one of Christine's roommates.





When we went to Santa Monica the following day and ate at a Greek Restaurant.
The appetizer was delicious!




On Friday while Christine was having her hair cut at a Japanese Hair Salon in Torrance John and I had a little snack at a Japanese Restaurant.
They had Anmitsu, Japanese sweet agar-agar dessert with fruit and sweet beans.
I almost felt like I was in Japan!



It is hard to see in the photo, but a rainbow welcomed us back at the McAllen International Airport. The whole week we were gone, they say it rained so much in South Texas.
The weather in Southern California during our stay was just fantastic!

1 件のコメント:

Lily of the Valley さんのコメント...

Love all the pictures!