2007年5月7日月曜日

McAllen Artwalk

Last Friday my friends, George and Virginia, invited me to McAllen Artwalk. Many art galleries are open to the public during this event. It is held once a month from March to April during Spring season. The first stop we went was Santa Anita Gallery. George made sure that my Japanese friend, Noriko, and I stop at the restroom, because the restrooms at the gallery are beautifully decorated. I liked the idea of decorating the front of each doors to the restrooms.






Art House on 10th. St. has the most interesting and beautiful arts! I especially liked these wooden panels painted and curbed named 'Azul', which means blue in English.




We were planning to go to a Spanish restaurant called 'Espana' after the Artwalk, but at our last stop I was hit by the heat and humidity and had almost fainted! Right after I finished walking up the stairs to the second floor to see their mobile exhibition, I could not help sitting on a windowsill to get a fresh air. By the way, the window did not have a screen, which made Noriko real nervous! Sorry, Noriko! So, missed going to Espana! Oh, well. Maybe next September when we have another Artwalk series in Fall season, or even in October when the heat and humidity is less intense here in South Texas.

1 件のコメント:

Lily of the Valley さんのコメント...

I may have to go just to see what the restroom looks like!