2007年5月3日木曜日

Tamarindo / Survival Salad

Whenever something smells really good, Tamarindo sits right next to a person who is eating the food.(In this case, John!) Tama is so polite(?) that he does not gaze at you nor he begs. He just sits there and always seems to be content.





"Wake up, Tama! You are not supposed to take a nap on the dining table!"
I would say that if he were wide awake.
He looked so comfortable that I just could not wake him up and say that phrase this time.


A Japanese friend of mine fixed delicious lunch for me today.
She shared the recipe with me. I named it 'Survival Salad', because it calls for dried nuts and fruits and she was using a package called 'Survival Mix' by HEB. You simply mix everything with extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, paprika, salt, and seasonings of your choice.



Sunflower seeds and red onions are the musts! I made mine right away this evening with Italian parsley, romaine hearts, red leaf lettuce, sunflower seeds, red onions, Survival Mix, garlic powder, paprika, krazy salt, salt and pepper mixed with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Mm.....it was delicious!

4 件のコメント:

匿名 さんのコメント...

Mama kono blog omoshiroi ne.

If I were there, I would be scolding Tama!!!!!!

Lily of the Valley さんのコメント...

I'm so glad Tama is getting used to my being around. Can I take him home? :)

June in Texas さんのコメント...

I need you here to train him,Ai!

Tama really enjoys your visits, Lily.

Manda さんのコメント...

Wow! What a beautiful cat! He is so sweet. Sometimes our dogs fall asleep on things they aren't supposed to (like the bed...they definitely CAN'T get on the kitchen table!) and they look so sweet you just can't wake them!
And your salad....wow....it looks SO GOOD!